While I know this has been convered a few times, it never seems to be very specific. Can someone answer some basic questions on this for me?
1. I don't see a dune_folder.txt file. I've browsed via Windows XP and FTP to the internal (and external) attached hard drives on the Dune at the root directory and don't see it. Is it correct that this file may not exist at all?
2. If this file doesn't exist, I just need to create a file, call it dune_folder.txt, and put in the correct information and load it to the root directory of every drive that I want to rename?
3. Can I rename a drive after it already has files in it without compromising those files?
4. The file I need to create should look similar to the attached one and reads something like this:
storage_name = MyUniqueStorageName
Is that correct?
5. Since I don't want to change ANYTHING else about the Dune file system, can I just load a dune_folder.txt file which says:
storage_caption = MyUniqueDriveName
The Dune documentation continues to be extremely technical and doesn't help people that are less than intimate with their computers. The lack of an internal ability to just change a name is just another GUI shortcoming for this product that has a lot of plusses otherwise.
TIA to those who have done this and are more familiar than I am.