Originally Posted by DPlettner
I am surprised by number 3 too!
For your second transfer, did the VFD say "USB On" or something like "USB Connected"?
Another possibility is that the the "good code" does some type of hardware initialization that is missed by the "bad code", such as properly enabling error checking and correction at the USB port.
Well, I was pretty sceptical about the 3rd test too, so I did it again - this time it failed. All 3 tests was done with a set of 26 files, app. 15GB data in all. This is the set I've been able to get it to fail consistently, guess I was lucky that one time with the 3rd test
Test 1 works every time, though - thumbs up for that!
I did notice too, that the storage device changes name from "Linux File-Stor Gadget Media" at boot to "USB Mass Storage Dev Media" when booted. This leads me to believe you're absolutely right Dave - they're using different code-paths depending on when you connect your USB cable.
I still recommend the 1.9.9 firmware for those who liked the gloomy-jet-black menu with nice errorfree transfers, than that of the fairy-white feng shui menu of the 2.x series
As for me, I'm staying at 2.0.8!