Navigation » MPC Club Community Board > Media Player Section > Art Work (ALL) > HDI Artwork » DuneX - Mac Software for Dune

Notices

» Slysoft Recommended!
1 CLick BD and DVD backups
Download AnyDVD HD!
For Blu-Ray and DVD!
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Stats
Members: 87,845
Threads: 29,619
Welcome to our newest member, gamedienthoai1586
» MPC Club Advertisers and Sponsors

Old 10-12-11, 17:06   #411
bazzie
Premium Potential
TIP: Upgrade to Premium

Contribution: 0.01%
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: DuneX - Mac Software for Dune

Originally Posted by bazzie View Post
Hi, just a question from a not so experienced user...
I have a Dune formatted internal HD (Ext2) that I use with DuneX which works fine. Only thing is that I have to copy all my movies each time from an external HD (WD MyBook) on which I put my downloads> This is very time consuming and Dune gives a lot of reading errors. So I bought a new internal HD which I formatted in my Mac (MacOS extended (journalled)). I copied a few movies on it and analyses it with DuneX. I can not export the library now to this HD when it is connected directly to my Mac or when it is in the Dune player. Anyone can help on how to do this?

thanks
Managed to export to the HD when attached to my Mac. However when inserted into the Dune, is does not display everything properly. Mostly it displays nothing. On the display can read where the files are and the movieposter with the info is the only thing displayed. What goes wrong and how to fix it?
bazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-11, 20:26   #412
Devrim
Premium Potential

Originally Posted by Blurayx View Post
At the moment, it's the only Mac operated program for Dune.
Then we are very ...
because we all use a program which can lose everything anytime! and making backups is apparently useless.

There is so much work lost and I would start over if this couldn't happen again, but that's not the case... (((
Devrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-11, 10:02   #413
niko34

Contribution: 0.11%

Hi,

I know i've not been there for a while. And a new release of dunex should have been there since a while. I did promise something for september to some users but i was late and i though it would be ok before the end of 2011.

To be honest with all of you, i had a bad accident 2 months ago. I will need a 6 months rehabilitation and it will probably have consequences on my future life.

That said, i'm still alive and have all my mind. I also feel concerned about DuneX users. During my rehabilitation, i won't be able to go my official job. I will need to have an activity to think about something else. DuneX will be perfect.

The best way to proceed would be to make a list of known bugs. Could you manage this?

Devrim, when you have made backups, how did you make that? Do you still have those backups? It would be great if i can get those backups to see if i can do something.

Last edited by niko34; 13-12-11 at 11:19.
niko34 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to niko34 For This Useful Post:
Allonyme (15-12-11), bazzie (15-12-11), Devrim (14-12-11), Dizzle77 (13-12-11), Göktytan (13-12-11), hidalgo (15-12-11), i-am-a-macuser (13-12-11), iPatton (20-12-11), jacobicus (13-12-11), Jet-X (13-12-11), lesarros (13-12-11), mascoutinho (14-12-11), nesys (22-01-12), raggededge (13-12-11), shotfirer (14-12-11), wehpet (14-12-11)
Old 13-12-11, 18:21   #414
Jet-X
Premium Potential

Thanks for chiming in Niko - this shows us you are still out there!

I wish you a speedy recovery, and while it sounds like time is going to be the recovery method, again, keep your chin up and stay hopeful.

I don't mind waiting however long it takes, just knowing you are still committed to DuneX is great.

I know many people might flame me for this, but perhaps you should begin charging something for your work. I know I've contributed in the past, and will cheerfully contribute again because I enjoy the program.

Anyway, best wishes on a speedy recovery.
Jet-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-11, 20:05   #415
Devrim
Premium Potential

Originally Posted by niko34 View Post
Hi,

The best way to proceed would be to make a list of known bugs. Could you manage this?

Devrim, when you have made backups, how did you make that? Do you still have those backups? It would be great if i can get those backups to see if i can do something.
Hi Niko,

Great to hear from u again and wish u a speedy recovery as well!

I've made backups of the DuneX Configuration Path: NAS: /... /DuneX/ just copied this directory to an external HD.
I assumed this was the important directory to backup or was I mistaken?
It's around 11Gb and how can u give this to u? WeTransfer goes up to 2Gb. But maybe u don't need all the files? It would be great if u could take a look at it!

I'm using version 0.8.4. because this was the most stable one. But is it not possible after a crash of DuneX to recover with a backup?
Devrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-11, 21:35   #416
P@tje
Premium Potential

Contribution: 0%

Hoi Niko,

Nice to hear you again.
Hope you recover soon from your accident and are quickly back to health!

Good luck with your recovery,

P@tje
P@tje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-11, 22:15   #417
niko34

Thank you guys for your kind words.

Devrim, you did the right thing. DuneX configuration folder contains all DuneX needs.

I have a FTP i can share where you will be able to send me a backup.
I'll send you connexion info in a private message.

It will probably be long to send, but it's the best way to find ā solution.

You said that you use 0.8.4 release because the newest were too unstable. Can you give me more details.
In the latest release, i did some corrections about data loss problem. If you stay with an old release, you stay also with old bugs.

I'm not at home until next week. As soon as possible, i'll try to send you ā beta to see if it's more stable.
Old 15-12-11, 01:59   #418
MalcomX
Premium Potential
Almost Active

Niko
I have read the thread going from happiness to sadness to be happy again

Happy you are back, because of I'm a MACman
I'm happy for you to

Can you please give us links to your beta ?
MalcomX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-11, 13:28   #419
niko34

I need to translate the latest release in English. Then, i'll give you a link. I won't share this with every user. Just a few first because i cannot manage too much feedback at once. As soon as i'm back at home next week...
Old 15-12-11, 17:39   #420
xtralog
Premium Potential
Almost Active

Hi Niko,

I am grateful for this very useful software.

I found references for this program today in mede8er-forum. I manually added folder.jpgs within many hours to my media player and found out that mede8er's VideoWall cannot show Cover-art because of the "._folder.jpg" files OSX copy into the movie-folders. After deleting them (I needed a few days to find out, what the problem was) Video Wall worked well. So as next I started to look for MAC-Software that makes nice Info-Backgrounds and so I found your nice app. I hope that the export function does not create this ._folder.jpg and ._about.jpg too...

BUT:

two little things that could be important for you:
a. when I analyze a movie file (which is 1920x1080) in the width-field appears 1080 and hight field stays empty (with every file that I tried)

b. how can I add new themes? I found and downloaded a Theme "Roma" in your download-section but I don't know how to implement into the Themes selection. Copying into the Themes-Folder did not have any effect.

If you are interested: It could be useful to translate the GUI in german language. I would like to support you if you want so that german users (they love software in their own language) have less problems with this app (I downloaded the newest release and it is very hard for me to operate a french GUI)

Edit: corrected some mistakes. Sorry for that - english is not my favorite language

Last edited by xtralog; 15-12-11 at 18:20.
xtralog is offline   Reply With Quote