Navigation » MPC Club Community Board > Media Player Section > General discussions » Media / Blu ray Player

Notices

» Slysoft Recommended!
1 CLick BD and DVD backups
Download AnyDVD HD!
For Blu-Ray and DVD!
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Stats
Members: 88,015
Threads: 29,701
Welcome to our newest member, schmule
» MPC Club Advertisers and Sponsors

Old 18-01-12, 22:24   #1
krolsen
Premium Potential
TIP: Upgrade to Premium
Almost Active

Contribution: 0%
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Media / Blu ray Player

IS there a Media / Blu ray Player available which has the image and audio quality of the OPPO BDP 93/95 and the streaming (DVD / BD iso or folder from NAS) abilities like DUNE HDI or POPCORN HOUR???

Thank you
krolsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertising
Advertising temporarily disabled
Old 18-01-12, 23:25   #2
mlknez
Premium Potential
Addicted to MPC

Contribution: 0.03%
Default Re: Media / Blu ray Player

Originally Posted by krolsen View Post
IS there a Media / Blu ray Player available which has the image and audio quality of the OPPO BDP 93/95 and the streaming (DVD / BD iso or folder from NAS) abilities like DUNE HDI or POPCORN HOUR???

Thank you
What is wrong with the audio quality of the Dune or Popcorn hour?
mlknez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-12, 00:13   #3
krolsen
Premium Potential
Almost Active

Originally Posted by mlknez View Post
What is wrong with the audio quality of the Dune or Popcorn hour?
There is nothing wrong with Dune or Popcorn image and audio quality, but it is not the same ball park as OPPO 93.
Old 19-01-12, 05:30   #4
WaterZoo
Premium Potential
Experienced Member

Contribution: 0.05%

When you are paying for an audiiophile grade standalone bdp player you are expecting to have the "best" in terms of PQ and audio quality.

IMHO. it is not a fair comparison between a network media player and an audiophile grade standalone bdp player.
WaterZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-12, 08:24   #5
krolsen
Premium Potential
Almost Active

Originally Posted by WaterZoo View Post
When you are paying for an audiiophile grade standalone bdp player you are expecting to have the "best" in terms of PQ and audio quality.

IMHO. it is not a fair comparison between a network media player and an audiophile grade standalone bdp player.
I do not want to compare anything.
I want to have one device and the question is, is there a device on the market that meets PQ/AQ of OPPO and network abilities of DUNE or POPCORN.

I suppose not.
Old 19-01-12, 12:37   #6
MarkE19

Contribution: 0.19%

Well I don't think there is anything like this at the moment, but later this year should see the release of the Dune HD Pro which 'should' tick all the boxes - but at a price.
see: http://www.mpcclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28213

Mark.
MarkE19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-12, 22:02   #7
Thomas D
Premium Potential

Contribution: 0.01%

Thank you
Hi Krolsen I understand your question without fealing the need to defend my Popcornhour I have a Oppo BDP93 and it plays All BD-ISO's both 2 and 3D with DTS Master Audio or DTS HD Audio without crashing the sound on huge 48 Gb action movies like Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol. But the Oppo needs to play its ISO's from USB, Esata or some is possible by TWONKYmediaserver over the network. But it really sucks compared to what My PopCornHour C300 can do over the network.

But then this is said it is also common known that The C300 is unstable with hugesized ISO's with DTS Master Audio/DTS HD Audio. It looses the soundtrack or in heavy action scenes with high bitrate the sound crashes and starts to make a lot of noise. The Syabas team know this but havent been able to solve the problem yet. I done some testing and the problem get's smaller if you unpack the ISO's and use USB or direct harddisc access instead of the build in netcard. My guess is that the build in Sigma processor having a hard time coping with controlling both bitstreaming and traffic on the NIC at the same time.

So yes we need a expensive NMT Mediaplayer or whatever wich deliver the same high quality as the Oppo and the same possibilities over the network as a PopcornHour or a Dune is capable off.

From a business view it maybe make sense for the producers to build lowcost mediaplayers, but they ought to know that there is both a low and a highend market, and they shuld stop ignoring the highend market.
In a year from now mega companies like Samsung wil have build in mediaplayers in their tv sets that would be equal to the external mediaplayers as of today. At that time I think Syabas, Dune and the other producers would need to produce more expensive "HiFi" units because the low end market would be covered by the build in mediaplayers in the TV people buys.

Just wait to Apple release their first internet TV

Last edited by Thomas D; 12-06-12 at 22:28.
Thomas D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-12, 22:13   #8
halfelite
Premium Potential

Thank you
if you are bitstreaming your audio, and playing 1080p material the quality will be almost 1:1 vs the oppo and popcorn hour/dune the only differences being if they use the same color profile and such. The difference comes into scaling of the dvd's with marvell qdeo blowing the pch/dune out of the water with sd scaling. But ask yourself how much SD material do you really watch, And if you are bitstreaming all your audio there will be no change between devices.
halfelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-12, 22:23   #9
Thomas D
Premium Potential

Originally Posted by halfelite View Post
if you are bitstreaming your audio, and playing 1080p material the quality will be almost 1:1 vs the oppo and popcorn hour/dune the only differences being if they use the same color profile and such. The difference comes into scaling of the dvd's with marvell qdeo blowing the pch/dune out of the water with sd scaling. But ask yourself how much SD material do you really watch, And if you are bitstreaming all your audio there will be no change between devices.
Hi Halflite

You have a good point about the bitstreaming! And the Qdeo chipset often is placed in AVRecivers too (so you paid for it twice if you buy a Oppo and a good receiver).

But before Syabas get's the PopcornHours to be able to play hugesized ISO's without being unstable with the sound then it's DTS Master Audio/HD Audio, I think there must be more than the Qdeo chipset that is superior in the Oppo, could be nice to know that it was.
Thomas D is offline   Reply With Quote