Navigation » MPC Club Community Board > Media Player Section > General discussions » Has this forum died?

Notices

» Slysoft Recommended!
1 CLick BD and DVD backups
Download AnyDVD HD!
For Blu-Ray and DVD!
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Stats
Members: 88,050
Threads: 29,707
Welcome to our newest member, jacob43
» MPC Club Advertisers and Sponsors

Old 21-02-12, 16:28   #11
a5ian300zx

Contribution: 0.38%
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: Has this forum died?

Thanks Hi-Jack,

the issue were having now is that more TV's are incorporating media playback compatibilities and streaming features, even some players like oppo are offering media basic playback and for most users this is suffice.

I think the market needs to offer something more especially with the HTPC market getting easier to setup and use.

Players like the HDI Dune has started to concentrate on the higher end of the market where they are trying to get their brand recognise as top end quality products.

I just cant wait to see what these new sigma processors with VXP will have to offer especially with sigma and XMBC signing a deal which will allow XMBC to use the GPU engine the results could be very nifty cover art and other possibilities.

a5ian300zx
a5ian300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-12, 18:53   #12
Domdom

Experienced Member

Contribution: 0.05%

Thanks for your statement Hi-Jack, looking forward to the changes.

But how about atleast one review on the new Radeon chipset - 3D iso playback - capable players?
Domdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-12, 22:47   #13
greywall

Experienced Member

Contribution: 0.08%

Originally Posted by Domdom View Post
Thanks for your statement Hi-Jack, looking forward to the changes.

But how about atleast one review on the new Radeon chipset - 3D iso playback - capable players?

...but even some review on the new player with Marvell Qdeo chipset, it would not hurt.

Eg: Asus O!Play BDS-700
greywall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-12, 01:11   #14
Rudik28
Premium Potential
TIP: Upgrade to Premium
Expert Member

Contribution: 0.84%

Originally Posted by greywall View Post
...but even some review on the new player with Marvell Qdeo chipset, it would not hurt.

Eg: Asus O!Play BDS-700
http://translate.google.ca/translate...26prmd%3Dimvns
Rudik28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-12, 13:41   #15
Jeannette89
Premium Potential
Almost Active

Contribution: 0%

I like this forum a lot and I don't want it to be dead. I've just registered on it although I've been reading topics here for a while.
If a newbie's opinion matters, it would be great if there was a User Reviews section as was offered above.
Old 28-03-12, 02:36   #16
RiotNrrrd
Premium Potential
Addicted to MPC

Contribution: 0.04%

My take on it?

The market is dying because no player has stepped up and provided all things to all people.

It's funny that you can buy a Blu-ray player from all the "big names" ... but other than Oppo it seems like none of the rest of them want to take a chance on media streamer capability.

Far too many formats to support - the cross-matrix is too large and if any of them have bugs or aren't supported well enough, customers complain and the manufacturers go silent and there is no support (hello, eGreat).

Popcorn Hour seem to lead the pack but I cannot buy one in a store or from an on-line place here in the U.S. - why? Competition brings the price down; right now there is none so if I want to buy a C-300 the only place I can get it from is PCH themselves, pretty much - which means they get to charge full retail price.

I had high hopes for the Boxee Box because the software/UI on most of these devices is dreadful (an afterthought really) but they are crippled by fundamental bugs in the Intel chipset and things like HD audio bitstreaming drop-outs ... I won't buy a box that has fundamental playback issues like that!

I looked at the new 3rd generation Apple TV but that seems to be crippled (8 Mbit/sec. bandwidth limit???) as well ... plus my main interest is in playing my own local files, not streaming ...

I may just end up buying a new Mac mini and using it as an HTPC ... but I thought that Sigma was known for being better video quality than using a computer with the standard nVIDIA/ATi video chipsets ... not to mention supporting more format types ...

It's really a very sad situation - here we are with a fundamental need (i.e. play back our videos/music/photos etc.) and no one is the 'champion' ...

So I guess it's not surprising that the sites covering NMTs are mostly dying away as well ... (except for that one site we all know so I will not mention it by name )
RiotNrrrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-12, 10:57   #17
Domdom

Experienced Member

Contribution: 0.05%

I have got a C-200 and all is ok, but I would like to be able to play 3D Blu's and playing 3D images would also be great. Not possible on the C-200, the available video streaming sites for the device are a joke.

So, I am looking for a player to give me all this - it does not seem to be available.
I have also got an Apple TV 2 running XBMC and it is great, especially for Internet streaming content, so now I will also try the Asus O!Play BDS-700. Which on paper looks like the killer machine, plus it's cheap. Only problem here, it only has DLNA support.
I will try it and see how it performs.

I guess, I was right when I started the thread, this forum has died - atleast it is now transitioning to a community driven forum - which hopefully does not mean that there will be no new and interesting action going on here...
Domdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-12, 13:42   #18
clackge
Premium Potential

Contribution: 0.01%

Originally Posted by Hi-Jack View Post
Site will revamp as soon as there is good stuff coming up.
I will work incorporating the proposals but reviews will be done only when it's worth the time to make the. Most products released the same with a little added CPU or some enhanced tricks that don't break any pots...

early March will launch MPC properly again and i keep watch on adding the proposed features.
Well it is early May and i do not see a diffrence.
I do believe this site is Dead.
clackge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-12, 14:35   #19
eureka
Premium Potential
Addicted to MPC

Contribution: 0.04%

I cant agree.. Dune HD Max does deliver new firmware and evrything working well, DTS-HD MA, True HD, 24p had never get any problem with my Max.
For 3D material i use my Xtreamer Prodigy and it plays my 3D iso very well with external subs and zoom function in BD.iso is really nice.
Also DTS-HD, True HD works well. The only bad thing is the Jukebox that not is 100% but they say coming out with a more edit friendly jukebox in next firmware. On my Dune i have yaDIS and it is really nice.

For me i have my 2 solutions until Dune release the new Dune Pro with HDMI 1.4 and 3D support then it is 100% perfect machine.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 14:54   #20
clackge
Premium Potential

Contribution: 0.01%

[QUOTE=eureka;238744]I cant agree.. Dune HD Max does deliver new firmware and evrything working well, DTS-HD MA,

I'm not talking about your Dune.

This site has died. Jack Jack where r u?
No reviews for sometime now no news nothing nada niks
Why not review Xtreamer products, even if not recomended.
At the end of the day i decide what i want to buy.
clackge is offline   Reply With Quote