Originally Posted by jsc1205
What are we supposed to be using if our files are on HDD on the Dune player or also on external HDD's? The YAMJ GUI asks for where your movie files are located but its referencing the NMT. Then it asks for the NMT path...is this the path to a YAMJ folder we set up on the Dune player like Zappiti or yaDIS?? And I'm guessing the jukebox should be stored in the same YAMJ folder on the Dune?
I wish I could make up a simple guide and had tools for the dune, but they don't exist. The yamj gui tool is not ideal and can be confusing because there is no player path help in it. But the good thing is it does write out the couple config files that are a pain in the neck to setup manually and you never need to run it again..
When using the tool:
- Click select dir. This is the path that YAMJ will use to scan your media file.
- Select Jukebox only for my PC, it will bring up a warning, just click ok.
- In the box below the option, you'll see NMT Path. You can click on that option and type in anything you want. Here is where you need to put in the Path the dune uses to play the file. This is where it's tricky, nobody with yamj or eversion knows what is correct to put here. This is where other dune users need to help each other out. The path should be in dune format, and be the same exact folder or directory that you selected above when you clicked select dir.
- If you have more than 1 location to scan in files, click add and do it again for the next location.
- when finished click save and it will ask you where you want it to save your jukebox. The jukebox is a folder with all the yamj data after you run yamj. This is where eversion, your "database" and everything will be written. YAMJ will make the folder for you.
That sets up your my_library.xml file. You can manually edit this at anytime to adjust settings for your scan locations. You never need the gui tool again.
It also made a my_yamj.cmd file which is what you click on (windows) to run yamj. When you run yamj, a little "dos box" appears and you see your movies titles go by on the screen. That's all yamj does, it scans your media and saves them to the Jukebox folder.
After it's finished the first time, you can navigate to the jukebox folder from your dune and when you click on it eversion will appear on the tv. If you got the playerpath (nmtpath) correct, then play will work. If not, everything but playback will work and you need to fix that setting.
Hope that helps a little more with setup..
Normal day to day usage:
Generally all you do is click my_yamj.cmd anytime you edit settings or change your media files.. it'll run faster because it only needs to adjust what changed.. Of course this can be automated, post processing tools, after recording pvr options, cron or task manager automatic runnign time to time.. or just manually running it, whatever works best for your home setup..