Pixmania currently lowered the price for the Trans-gear DVX-500E drastically
after Trans-Gear lowered the unit prices as well. Currently the KiSS DP-500
equivalent is changing owner for less then 140 Euro.
The Trans-gear DVX-500E is based on the liteon OEM LVD-2010 but comes
with custom and well developed FW and Software that allows people
to "Transcode" movies that are incompatible with the chipset (Xvid + GMC,
Qpel, WMV9) on the fly using the Trans-Gear Server Software.
With the release of the new model DVX-600 coming anytime soon, Trans-
Gear is becoming a serious competitor for other brands who deliver players
with their own "specialties".
Trans-gear competes not only in features, but also in bringing low price
units. A few pro's and contra's between KiSS DP-500 and Trans-Gear DVX-
500E are listed below.
KiSS DP-500 Pros:
- KML (KiSS Markup Language that allows online site creations)
- Webradio with thousands of stations
- All Round good compatibility with codecs and subtitles
- The Design of the player
- Community added value by projects
KiSS DP-500 Contras:
- FW releases on the low end
Trans-gear DVX-500E Pros
- Server Side Transcoding Software
- Stability and general support for codecs and picture formats (multiple)
- Excellent software for simultaneous looking at Pictures and listen to Music
- Community value added by projects
- Limited iRadio (100 channels)
- Simple and shiny (mirror) design
- Room for extra features
It's a hard choice to validate the features, but considering people on low
budget's that want a decent solution... Which one to go for?
i can't handle that for you.